Sunday, January 13, 2013

The Great Gatsby Essay reflection.

The Great Gatsby reflection


On Friday, my class and I did a literature test, based on the book, "The Great Gatsby" 

We were given roughly 55-60 minutes to complete the whole essay.

Because I'm such a slow writer, I did not write that much but I wrote enough to prove my point in the question I was asked (Which I have already forgot).

Though it was enough to prove my point, I feel like as if it wasn't enough. 

Despite the fact that I read the book before the test, I was struggling in thinking about what I needed to write, and what would be relevant. 

But overall, regardless of what the outcome was, as long as I managed to do my job and at least pass this paper, I am generally satisfied. 

I'm sure my teacher believes that more could be done, which I absolutely agree with!

Teacher's reception:

Mrs. Holly says that the essay I have written was done as, "mature writing". 

She was impressed that I actually come up with such great ideas and refer to many parts of the book to prove my point (I do History and Social Studies in the past, mostly analysis-related, so I'm used to doing this)

Though she was impressed with the work, she says that I have to work on my structuring and my paragraphing. 

I will do my best to improve and make sure that my structuring and paragraphing gets better as the days go by!

Thank you for reading, and have a great day!

LEGION!


1 comment:

  1. Make sure you are really clear about an achievable target before we write the next essay.

    ReplyDelete