Sunday, December 9, 2012

Vergil's Top 10 Games of 2012 (Cross posted via IGN blogs)

Cross posted via myIGN

It has been another wonderful year of video gaming. 2013 is 'round the corner, and since SPIKE TV's VGA 2012 is already over, I shall give you lovely people my top 10 picks! :D

10: Final Fantasy XIII-2


 I think a handful of people would know that this game's plot was rather... Clunky... I would say. It was a bit messy, but the combat system was improved and overall. I enjoyed this game. Not to mention the stunning soundtrack it has (Come on, most Square-Enix/Squaresoft games have fantastic soundtrack!) This game is definitely a great game to pick up if you're looking for an RPG :)

Vergil's rating: 8.0/10

9: Street Fighter X Tekken


 This game is underrated. As far as I know, it didn't sell well despite the great reception. I know, a handful of you don't really care about the fighting game genre, but if you want a game you can play with friends and have a fun time, I'd suggest this title. Seriously, if you're also both a Street Fighter and Tekken fan, I'd suggest you get this. It deserves the #9 spot

Vergil's rating: 8.5/10

8: Sleeping Dogs


 I really enjoyed this game. I mentioned before that this was like GTA with Asians with a bit of Max Payne. It's definitely one of my top picks and I suggest you get this game ASAP! One flaw I have with it though, is the short campaign. And when I mean short... Yeah... It's kinda short. But all in all, United Front Games made a good effort in making this. Read my review here.

Vergil's rating: 8.0/10

7: Call of Duty: Black Ops II


 Yeah, yeah... I admit it. I really enjoyed the campaign of this title. To a point where it made me replay the campaign multiple times. It's definitely better than MW3, and though the futuristic setting was controversial in the past, I have to say that I really like this not-so-distant futuristic setting. I only enjoyed the campaign though. I find the zombie mode boring for some reason, and I find the multiplayer rather dull... So therefore, this game deserves the No.7 spot of 2012!

Vergil's rating: 8.5/10

6: Hitman: Absolution


 I first thought I wouldn't like it because of the fact that it was stealth based. But in the end, I really enjoyed it and was hooked on this game for a week or two! It has a great story as well, and is also good for those who aren't used to the Stealth genre (There are tutorials, and the easy mode is targeted to beginners of the game). Honestly, I'd say you should get it. Really good game, and those hours of staying up late and feeling like crap in school was worth it :)

Vergil's rating: 9.0/10

5: Far Cry 3


 I was a bit sceptical when this game hit the shelves. I thought I would be bored out just like how I got so tired of Far Cry 2 due to the tedious exploration. But Far Cry 3 showed that Ubisoft Montreal sort of listened to the community and made their latest Far Cry game into a better experience. The stealth is fun, the fact that you can hunt animals in-game is fun (Don't have to do it in reality anymore! Hah!) and the crafting... Which I have mixed views upon, made me decide that this game is No.5 in my top 10 games of 2012!

Vergil's rating: 9.0/10

4: Halo 4


 Oh, what a coincidence. 4th game in my top 10 list... Is Halo 4. This would've been in the top 3, but sadly, this game's hype was short-lived, and it has numerous of problems that 343 has yet to fix. Apart from that, the game's campaign and soundtrack is bloody brilliant. Neil Davidge did an awesome job on the soundtrack, and the campaign is so beautiful... It's like a love story in disguise as an action FPS. I won't give spoilers though :P

Vergil's rating: 9.0/10

And now... The Top 3 games of 2012!

...

...

...

Number 3 goes to...

Tekken Tag Tournament 2!


 At first, I really didn't like this game that much because of the extremely difficult A.I. (When I meant difficult, I meant cheating scumbag input reading kind of difficult!) But eventually, I managed to get used to the game, and sooner or later, they patched the game and made it easier (For the sake of beginner players and people who want to practice with the A.I.) This game is really underrated. So it kinda deserves the No. 3 spot because of the many things I love about this game, and also about the Tekken series.

Vergil's rating: 9.0/10

Number 2 goes to...

...

...

Forza Horizon!


 Apparently, from what I've heard, this racing game is quite underrated (Which is surprising for a Forza title!) and is overshadowed by the (what I think is) horrible Need for Speed: Most Wanted 2012. If you own an Xbox 360, likes racing games, cars and exploration, you should definitely get this title. I can guarantee you that almost everything in this game will satisfy most of your needs! Has a great soundtrack too!

Vergil's rating: 9.5/10

And now... The moment you've all been waiting for! My number 1 pick of 2012 goes to...

...

...

FARMING SIMULATOR 2013!!!

Oh God, I love farming so much

Vergil's rating: 11/10

LOL JK

It actually goes to Max Payne 3 :D

I think I've said this many times that Max Payne 3 is one of the greatest games I've ever played this year. In fact, I'm quite surprised that nobody mentioned anything about this game merely 2-3 months after its release. Movie-like cutscenes, great storytelling, awesome gameplay mechanics, epic soundtrack by HEALTH, sympathetic protagonist, and last but not least, the gorgeous setting in Brazil, Max Payne 3 gets the Number 1 spot in my Top 10 games of 2012! If you happen to see a price drop on this game... Get it.

Vergil's rating: 9.0/10


Read the review here

 Well, that's it. It's been another great year of gaming, and boy! Time flies! Thanks a lot for checking this out guys! I'll see you soon!
"I have always fought for the people I believe in" - Zero 


- Vergil

No comments:

Post a Comment